Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Nisene Marks State Park

The land that is now Nisene Marks State Park was clear cut for lumber between 1883 and 1923. Logging was finished by 1925. At that time the lumber company offered to sell the land. The property was finally bought by Nisene Marks.

Now the forest is a State Park. You can hike and go for bike rides on many miles of trails under the canopy of redwood trees. You might see rabbits, squirrels, birds, deer or other animals. The Park will entertain you for a very fun day.

I like going to Nisene Marks State Park because it seems like a different world in the dense forest of redwoods. Sometimes I imagine loggers by my side with an axe on their shoulders on their way to cut a tree. Nisene Marks has been a wonderful experience for my family, my friends and me!I hope that you have an opportunity to see the park, enjoy its history, hike, ride bikes or have a picnic. Don't get ants in your pants!

By Maya
Photos by Johnna

No comments:

Post a Comment